Each year the U.S. News and World Report recognizes hospitals that offer exceptional care in a number of specialty areas. This year, 12 SSM Health hospitals have been named as high performing in one or more specialties, including congestive heart failure (CHF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, heart bypass surgery, colon cancer surgery, hip replacement and knee replacement:
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Centralia
- SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital – Mt. Vernon
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Audrain
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Jefferson City
- St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City
- SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
- SSM Health St. Clare Hospital – Fenton
- SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – Lake Saint Louis
- SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
- SSM Health Saint Louis University Hospital
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – St. Louis
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison
"U.S. News evaluates nearly 5,000 hospitals nationwide," said Ben Harder, chief of health analysis at U.S. News. "A hospital that emerged from our analysis as one of the best has much to be proud of."
The U.S. News Best Hospitals rankings, now in their 27th year, recognizes hospitals that deliver outstanding care across 25 specialties, procedures and conditions. The Best Hospitals methodologies include objective measures such as patient survival, infection rates and the number of times a given procedure is performed.
SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Madison was also named in the top 10 hospitals in Wisconsin, and received honors as best in South Central Wisconsin and best in the Madison metropolitan area. Earlier this summer, U.S. News and World Report ranked SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital in three specialties in the 2016-17 Best Children's Hospitals national rankings.
Congratulations to these hospitals!