Since 2011, the NAACP and SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon have partnered to award a $2,500 educational scholarship to students from a diverse background that plan to complete a degree in a health-care-related field. According to a recent study by the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration, a national shortage of more than 1 million nurses and approximately 55,000 physicians is project by 2020.
Individuals from Jefferson County who are currently enrolled in a health care related degree program or plan to begin their degree in a health care related program in the fall of 2017 are eligible to apply.
How To Apply?
- Open, print and complete this application.
- Include the following documents when you submit your application.*
- Copy of most recent transcripts
- Minimum of two letters of recommendations from supervisors, instructors, etc.
- Letter of Acceptance to degree program (if available)
Mail all application materials to:
- Essay describing why pursuing degree/level interest in chosen career
System Vice President, Human Resources
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
1 Good Samaritan Way
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications and all documentation are due by December 31, 2016.