What does Patient-Centered Medical Home mean?
Our physicians and staff will be your partners in health. We will provide exceptional care to you through evidence-based protocols while we coordinate and manage your care across the care continuum. We will serve as your consistent, reliable source for preventative care, as well as for treatment of illness and chronic medical conditions. We want to be the first place you think of for your health care. This means we will partner with you on every aspect of your care.
- Your Medical Home is a way for us to surround you with health care by using a proactive approach to keep you well.
- Your Medical Home is a coordination of care between you and your doctor and your care team. Our goal is to work together to provide the best health care team possible to accomplish your goals for heavy living.
- Your Medical Home is a life-long approach to better health and better living.
- Our Medical Home considers accepting Mdicare, Medicaid, Insured and uninsured patients. We provide equal access for all patiences accepted into the practice regardless of insurance status. We provide information about potential sources of insurance coverage and financial support.
Our Goals and Objectives
- Provide you easy access to personalized care
- Improve your health with proactive care
- Increase your satisfaction with the services we provide
We promise to provide personalized care and:
- Provide the best treatment and advice based on current medical evidence
- Manage acute illness and chronic disease to help you stay healthy
- Provide timely access to care
- Use computers and other technology to improve your care
- Support you in your health care goals and desires
- Arrange your health care with other qualified specialists and behavioral health professionals, as needed
- Explain diseases, treatments, medications and results in a way that is easy to understand
- Respect your privacy by keeping medical information and records private in compliance with state and federal law
- Make you feel comfortable and welcome
As an active partner in your care, we ask you to:
- Provide all information about your health, medications and illnesses
- Tell us about services you receive elsewhere, such as flu vaccines and treatments by other providers
- Follow your treatment plan; if you are unable to, let us know so we can suggest other options
- Work with us to make decisions and manage your health
- Describe your needs and concerns
- Learn about wellness and preventing disease
- Make healthy decisions about your daily habits and lifestyle
- Call us first with all medical problems, unless it is an emergency
- Keep your scheduled appointments or call in advance if you need to reschedule
- Give us feedback so we can improve our service
You may call your primary care provider (PCP) for additional information or educational materials. We are excited to be able to provide you with this opportunity and believe you will be pleased with SSM Health Medical Group's Patient-Centered Medical Home Program. We look forward to partnering with you in meeting your health care needs.
In our Patient-Centered Medical Home, care is available every day, 24/7. If assistance is needed after office hours:
- In an emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- After normal office hours for urgent medical issues, call the office number and follow the instructions to reach the on-call provider.
- If urgent care is needed after hours, SSM Health Express Clinics are a convenient alternative as they are open seven days a week. Learn more here.