SSM Health in partnership with the Felician Sisters believes that strong communities are vitally important to our mission of continuing the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. By supporting organizations whose purpose aligns with our mission
, heritage and strong commitment to improving the overall health and well-being of the communities we serve in Southern Illinois.
Eligibility Criteria For a Monetary Donation
As a nonprofit, every year SSM Health in Illinois provides millions of dollars in charity medical care, financial and prescription assistance, free screenings and education to the people of Southern Illinois through our hospitals and outpatient facilities. Because of this continued dedication and in keeping with our mission and values, funding decisions will be prioritized for those organizations:
- Who through their commitment are working to improve the overall health of the communities we serve
- Who are good stewards of our natural resources
- Whose programs and/or services are provided within our defined service area
- Whose business operations are consistent with Catholic social teachings
Please note that funding limitations keep us from contributing to all of the great organizations that provide exceptional services in our communities.
How To Apply For Charitable Giving
Organizations that meet the criteria and would like to apply for a charitable monetary donation should send a brief proposal, no longer than three pages that includes:
- Overview of the organization’s goals and accomplishments
- Purpose of the project
- Description of the population and estimated number of people served
- Timeframe for activities
- Dollar amount or gift requested
- Method of program evaluation
- If applicable, proof of the organization’s 501 (c) (3) nonprofit status
Timing for Charitable Giving Decisions
Proposals from qualifying organizations will be accepted year-round, but must be received at least eight weeks prior to event or program deadline. You will be notified of funding as soon as it is determined.
Email your proposal to us with "Charitable Gift Proposal" in the subject line.